Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I totally forgot;

You'll never guess what i did today.
Like really you wouldnt. Which is why im going to tell you.
I disected a shark!
You probably dont believe me, but its true!
(okay, so is was like 2 feet long or less. but its still a shark.)
Its called a dogfish shark. Its one of the smallest species of sharks. I cut its stomach open! And i think there was shrimp in the stomach. But i couldnt really tell if thats what it was or not. We took out its liver and intestines(which were full of a poo-like substance, btw.) It was slimy and there was a lot of oil in the body. But luckily the blood had already been taken out. And it smelled bad. I got used to it though.
I have a picture for you, just so you know how small it is;
See? Small. This is the first animal i've disected. In elementary, i disected an owl pellet. and i've disected two cow eyes. I desected one cow eye in science in sixth grade, and melanie was in my group with one of our other friends, and they were scared. Well maybe thats not the right word. But i remember having to do a lot of it. I think they ended up doing some of it, so they would actually get a grade. But that type of stuff doesnt really bother me. If it does, its usually just the smell. So anyway, i just wanted to inform you of such events of my day.
thanks for reading, if you did.
-Erin Lautner.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment