Tuesday, May 26, 2009

this post is going to be completely random.

I have no plan for this post, so don't expect anything interesting to come out of it.
First,
It's summer.
Woohooooooo! Party!
(actually, knowing the boring person I am, there will not be much partying, there will be boredom. I need a job.)
Second,
The last day of New Moon filming is Friday.
This week they are filming in Italy, and then they're finishing everything up. I guess none of us will be visiting the set after all; unless we wait until August..and August is busy.
Third,
My writer's block is finally GONE.
Yes, yes, yes, I have ideas now!! They are ridiculously stupid, but they're still ideas! It's worth celebrating.
Fourth,
I have new music.
I have new music, and new music is coming out this fall! Paramore's 3rd album is out in September, and Muse's 5th album, The Resistance, is coming out sometime later this year!
I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to endure this next part.

This is my playlist of new music!
1. Jesus Christ (Brand New)- this song makes me cry if I'm really listening to it, and if I'm not, it relaxes me. It's a desperate prayer from someone whose afraid they'll be alone all their life. It sounds like the curse at one part, but they're saying the word "ship", just to clear it up. Because this blog is clean.
2. The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot (Brand New)- Ugh. This song makes me cry three/fourths of the time. It's about a guy who is in love with a girl; the girl is depressed, he'll do anything he can to make her "less sad", including moving out of the state, or staying by her. She trusts him too well, and he thinks he's hurting her instead of helping. "You call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not."
3. All These Things That I've Done (The Killers)- I really have no idea what this song is about, it seems pretty random. I've been distracted every time I listen to it. It's just an easy listen.
4. Mr. Brightside (The Killers)- Gosh, this song is so catchy! This song is, obviously, about jealousy. I'm thinking its a guy who's in love with a girl, but she's in love with someone else. He's imagining everything that they could be doing, trying to convince himself that it's all in his head. Trying to look on the "brightside".
5. Better Days (The Goo Goo Dolls)- My dad loves this song. It's kind of old-timey-sounding. But it's really inspiring. The title is kind of self-explanitory.
6. A Quiet Mind (Blue October)- This song relaxes me completely. I THINK it's about a guy who wants to be left alone; he feels to strongly about something and knows he needs to calm down.
7. Meet Me At My Window (Jack's Mannequin)- A person feels helpless, needs a hero, tells them to "Meet them at their window".
8. Warning (Incubus)- Wow. This song has gotten stuck in my head for days at a time. Don't listen to it unless you want the same thing to happen to you. The song is about not letting life pass you by doing things you'd regret.
9. Troublemaker (Weezer)- I bought this song on a whim. It's just catchy, really. You have to be in the right mood to enjoy it. (Excuse the use of the word "bi-otch"...like I said, I bought it on a whim...)
10. Haunted (Evanescence)- This song is not actually new to me. It's just stuck in my head. Kind of haunting. (no pun intended)




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Anyway, I'm hungry. Going to get lunch. Later.
-Melanie Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment